Here at Datavo, we've been watching the news and flu season is in full effect with one of the worse outbreaks in recent history. Some states have called in a state of emergency due to number of people affected by the virus.
Here are some ways that you can avoid getting the flu at work.
- Get a flu vaccination.
- Always cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available especially after sneezing, coughing, or blowing your nose.
- Keep your hands away from your face especially your nose, eyes and mouth as this is how germs spread easily.
- Make sure to keep commonly touched surfaces sanitized, such as doorknobs, telephones, keyboards, etc.
- Do not use your coworkers phones, offices, desks or other work tools unless necessary. If you must make sure to clean it first.
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms do not go to work, stay home. Symptoms include cough, sore throat, fever, runny or stuffy nose, headaches, body aches, chills, and sometimes diarrhea and vomiting.
- Make sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle through exercise, diet and rest.
- Do not share drinks or personal items.
- Stay hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water.
- Take vitamins, especially vitamin C or zinc.